Monday, July 26, 2010

A competitive Spirit!

Nowadays people are very busy fighting with each other to earn fame, money etc. etc. etc. Yep. I do believe we must be competitive because it will help us to reach our goals and dreams. Competition among each other to achieve one thing makes our hidden talents come out! To me competition is doing my best. I will accept both victory and defeat because I understand it's the result of my best and I will try to improve my skills. We must encourage that kind of a competitive spirit because it will help to create a useful man in the future. But we must discourage a competitive spirit when it starts to steal others work, think only about himself and never want to accept the defeat. As a student I would say a bad competitive student is a person who hides others note books and the books in library and rips off pages of books that contain valuable information. As my father always says" We must share everything!And we must enjoy everything!". I think it is what happened toZinedin Sidan in the last world Cup. He couldn't control himself because of his bad competitive spirit and he even got a red card!We must be wise enough to use the competition without giving up our morals, social values and especially equality. No matter where this thing leads us we must treat others with respect and with humanity! That's the competitive spirit that we must inculcate in our minds!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Janith,

    Very good post and you had very strong opinions about competition. Are you a competitive person?

    I think there should be a strict line between healthy competition and obsessive competition. People, especially children should know the difference between the two and should be warned to avoid being competitive in an aggressive way - like Zidane was in 2006.

    Well done!

    Karina

    ReplyDelete
  2. YA!! your dad is absolutely right!! & nice blog ...XD.>>.Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nop. I'm definitely not a competitive person. I'm glued to my books so I dont have time to interact with the society.

    ReplyDelete